Invisalign® Invisible Braces
Invisalign ® is a form of orthodontic treatment that works to correct many different types of
malocclusions through the use of a series of clear plastic trays called aligners. Invisalign® was developed to eliminate the use of unsightly metal brackets and wires and allow orthodontic treatment to occur almost “invisibly”.
How Does Invisalign® Work?
After an evaluation visit to determine whether a patient is a candidate for Invisalign®, we will take dental impressions, radiographs, and pictures. Using these, Invisalign® will use its unique computer imaging system to create a series of Invisalign® aligners, which are clear, and which will replace the standard bracket and wires of conventional orthodontics. The first in the series of clear retainers will fit the patient’s teeth as they exist at the beginning of treatment. Each successive retainer will exert forces that will move teeth to the position where the next retainer can take over.
The patient must wear each removable retainer for approximately two weeks. They must be always worn – 24 hours a day – except during meals.
The number of aligners will vary from patient to patient depending on the severity of the malocclusion. The overall length of treatment generally approximates the time needed for standard orthodontics.
Our practice is a Carriere Class II and Class III motion appliance provider.
Class II motion appliance
How it Works
- Corrects the bite to an ideal Class I platform first by rotating and up righting the maxillary first molars while moving the posterior segment, from canine or premolor to molars, into a perfect bite.
- Simultaneously produces a light, uniform force for distal molar movement.
- Independently moves each posterior segment, from canine or premolar to molar, as a unit.
Carriere® Motion™ Class III Appliance
The Motion Class III Appliance provides a new, remarkably easy-to-use, and patient-friendly solution for Class III treatment. The Motion Class III Appliance is a minimally invasive appliance intended to treat Class III malocclusions without extractions, painful orthognathic surgery, or traditionally uncomfortable and obtrusive facemasks. The Motion Class III Appliance is designed to provide predictable results and create a harmonious, balanced profile, all while preserving the patient’s natural features. Intra-oral elastics connect the appliance with maxillary anchorage to activate the mandibular posterior segment and to move it bodily as a block for an ideal Class I malocclusion. Once the ideal platform is achieved, brackets or aligners are then placed to finish the case.
- A revolutionary leap forward in orthodontic ceramic brackets.
- Predictable, Consistent Debonding with Proprietary Stress Concentrator.
- The performance you trust from Clarity™ Brackets. The innovation you expect from 3M.
- These ultra-small translucent brackets are made of an innovative, ceramic material that gives an attractive appearance.
- Clarity ADVANCED Ceramic Brackets offer trusted strength in small size and lowest profiles in the industry.
- Offer ample under-tie-wing space, allowing for flexible treatment and ligation options.
- The remarkably small bracket also minimizes soft tissue contact and showcases an attractive look that can turn the most self-conscious, tight-lipped patient into someone beaming with pride.
- The brackets no longer require a metal slot liner, reducing metal waste during production and at the end of treatment.
- They are designed to blend with one’s natural tooth color, and they will resist staining and discoloration over the course of the patient’s treatment.
Clarity™ ADVANCED Ceramic Brackets deliver brilliant aesthetics, small design, predictable debonding, and enhanced patient comfort.
Introducing Clarity™ ADVANCED Ceramic Brackets from 3M Unitek, a revolutionary leap forward in orthodontic ceramic brackets. Through the combination of progressive technology and state-of-the-art design, Clarity ADVANCED Ceramic Brackets deliver brilliant aesthetics, small design, predictable debonding, and enhanced patient comfort.
And, they’re available with unique APC™ Flash-Free Adhesive, to make the bonding experience faster and more efficient than ever before. These advanced features enable you to offer the ultimate combination of aesthetics and performance.
With custom 3D-printed brackets and a fully integrated digital platform for monitoring your progress, LightForce enables a faster treatment experience for both teens and adults (1). Every LightForce treatment plan is individually designed based on your unique tooth shape, jawline, and facial structure, enabling a perfect fit throughout the straightening process. Spend less time in the orthodontist’s chair, and more time living your life.
● Efficient Treatment (thanks to braces that are designed to exactly match your teeth)
● Ideal Results (thanks to digital treatment planning and more effective bracket technology)
● Perfect Fit (thanks to digital scans, perfectly-fitting braces)
(1) Weber NDJ, Koroluk LD, Phillips C, Nguyen T, Proffit WR. Clinical effectiveness and efficiency of customized vs. conventional preadjusted bracket systems. J Clin Orthod. 2013;47:261.”
Specialized Lab Offerings
We offer some in-house 3D printing. Our specialized lab technicians can create 3D models to help you more easily secure new retainers in the future.
SPEED Braces, also known as self litigating braces, eliminate the need for the elastics required by traditional braces to straighten teeth. SPEED Braces use an energy-storing component called a ‘Spring Clip’ to straighten teeth. The Spring Clip is ‘programmed’ by your orthodontist when SPEED Braces are placed on your teeth. It then follows the programmed instructions by applying a light continuous force to gently move teeth to their correct position. Only SPEED Braces contain a ‘Super-Elastic’ Spring Clip. The result is greater comfort, and potentially fewer appointments and more ‘SPEEDy’ treatment. SPEED Braces are small; typically 1/3 smaller than traditional braces, and they look great! SPEED’s small footprint results in less food trapping, so good oral hygiene is easier to maintain throughout your treatment.
Get started on the journey to your perfect smile!
Explore resources to learn more about our practice and the orthodontics treatment process.